RIAM Three-Day Brass Residency
John Wallace Trumpet – Tony George Tuba – Richard Michael Jazz Piano
Monday 14 – Wednesday 16 March 2016
- Public master classes/individual private lessons with full-time and Junior students of trumpet, tuba, euphonium and other brass instruments
- Coaching brass ensembles
- Talk on piano improvisation in diverse genres
- Jazz improvisation workshop for piano specialists
- Public improvisation workshop for all instruments to include an evening concert/session with a focus on jazz
- Public lecture: The History of Brass from the Mesolithic to the Present
Monday March 14
- 1400-1500 A public group workshop for all brass players. Bring along your instrument and participate
- 1500-1630 Two Brass master classes for full-time Brass students with John Wallace (Trumpet) and Tony George (Tuba, Euphonium or Trombone) Open to the public
- 1700-1800 A public group workshop for all brass players. Bring along your instrument and participate
1800-2000 Brass master classes for Junior Academy Brass students, with John Wallace (Trumpet) and Tony George (Tuba, Euphonium or Trombone)
Tuesday March 15
- 1000-1300 Session for teachers with Richard Michael How to teach improvisation or lecture/session for students A History of Jazz with Richard Michael
- 1000-1300 Private Individual lessons for Trumpet, Trombone Tuba or tuba or coaching brass ensembles with Tony George and John Wallace
- 1400-1700 A Public jazz improvisation workshop for all
Come and Play the Bayern Munich way music from Richard Strauss to Miles Davis – all amateur and professionals of any age on brass instruments welcome.
- 1900-2030 Informal Public Concert
An informal public session/concert following on from this afternoon with a jazz focus.
- Wednesday March 16
1000-1200 Public baroque improvisation workshop (Richard Michael)
- 1000-1200 Individual private trumpet lessons (John Wallace)
- 1000-1200 Tuba/Euphonium lessons (Tony George)
- 1300-1430 Public Lecture/Recital
The Story of Brass with live musical illustration
With Tony George and John Wallace accompanied by Richard Michael
Participants and Observers are welcome. Entrance fees may be paid at the door.
Individual lesson €50.00
Individual Participation in Masterclass €20.00.
Please Contact the organizer for larger Ensembles
Observers for public sessions/classes €5.00
Reduced observers entrance fee to all six public sessions €20
Places for participation in masterclasses-private lessons and ensemble classes must be booked in advance.
For further information contact James Cavanagh or call +353-1-876260519