RIAM Electronic Resources
To access these from home, select [Remote login link] and use your RIAM email and associated password.
If experience any access problems, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-6325318
Update: 11/4/2018. There are ongoing issues with remote login to Grove. We are actively seeking a solution to this, and apologize for the disruption to service.
Update 12/4/2018. As a temporary measure we have a pathway for users to access Grove remotely. Contact RIAM staff for a temporary password at email@example.com or 01-6325316. Then visit this page www.riam.ie/about-us/library/electronic-resources/grove-temporary-login/ , login with the password and follow the link on that page.
- ACLS Humanities Ebooks ebooks in the humanities, including music [On-campus link] [Remote login link]
- CAIRSS for Music music education, psychology, music therapy, and music & medicine. No password required
- Doctoral Dissertations in Musicology Online (US-based) No password required
- ERIC research in education (including music education). No password required
- Grove Music Online [On-campus link] [Remote login link] [Note: Grove Music remote link currently not working with Edge browser]
- IPA Source texts, translations and IPA phonetics of songs and arias (Internal RIAM use only)
- JSTOR full-text of articles from a range of academic music journals. [On-campus link] [Remote login link]
- Naxos Music Library Online streaming audio of multi-label music recordings. Also available as an app. [RIAM Staff & Students: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for password]
- RILM (Music Literature International) Abstracts international research database of music literature, with records in 140 languages
- RISM Manuscript Sources: International Inventory of Musical Sources A database of music manuscript sources (pre-1800) held in libraries and archives around the world.
To access from home, use the Remote login links and enter your your RIAM email and password. For Naxos Music, please contact library staff for the username and password.
If you have any difficulties in connecting, please contact us at email@example.com
Digital music collections online (no password needed):
- Chopin Early Editions Early printed editions of Frédéric Chopin held by the University of Chicago Library
- Early Music Online some of the earliest printed music volumes, digitised from the British Library’s collections
- Handel Works Handel-Gesellschaft edition (published Breitkopf & Härtel, 1858-1894)
- IMSLP Large library of public-domain scores
- Liszt Works Franz Liszt: Musikalische Werke “Carl Alexander” edition (edited by Busoni, Raabe et al., 1907-1936)
- Mendelssohn Bartholdy’s Werke (edited by J. Rietz, published Breitkopf & Härtel, 1874-7)
- Mozart Complete Works NMA Online: Neue Mozart-Ausgabe (published Bärenreiter, 1955-1991)
- Schumann early editions (from the Bayerische Statsbibliothek, München)
- VARIATIONS project (from Indiana University) public domain scores available to view
Other online resources (no password needed):
- Allmusic.com: discography (all genres)
- BASE: Search engine for scholarly open-access resources
- Cecilia: guide to music collections in UK and Ireland
- Concert Programmes Project: an index of concert programmes held in European libraries and archives
- Digital Resources in Musicology from Stanford University
- MusRef: searchable catalogue of music internet resources
- Online Resources for Music Scholars from Harvard
- Violin and bow makers: an extensive directory with biographical information from Amati