Accompaniment Fellowship 2017
The Royal Irish Academy of Music is delighted to announce a new call for an Accompaniment Fellow. This Fellowship provides an opportunity for an emerging professional pianist with accompaniment experience and excellent sight-reading skills to gain widespread experience within one of Ireland’s premier music conservatoires.
One Fellowship is offered for instrumental accompaniment.
Fellowship terms and conditions
- Two year appointment from September 2017
- Stipend: €10,000 per annum
- Approximate workload: 400 contact hours per annum
Accompaniment Fellowship aims
- To provide the highest level of support for accompanists who have graduated and are committed to entering the profession
- To provide access to high quality students and the RIAM’s staff for the purposes of networking and career development
Accompaniment Fellows assist in performance classes, one-to-one coaching, lessons, opera/ensemble rehearsals, examinations and masterclasses with international artists. Fellows will also assist when required in organising concerts and chamber music projects.
There is no age restriction for applying for this Fellowship. However, the successful candidate is likely to be a recent graduate with some professional experience. The Fellowship is open to accompanists of all nationalities.
To apply for this Fellowship, please send a CV and letter of motivation to Sinéad Heyenga no later than Wednesday 3rd May 2017. On the afternoon of 26th May shortlisted candidates will be asked to undertake an interview, a sight-reading test, and will be asked to perform a duo with a musician of their own choice.