Key Skills Workshops
The Royal Irish Academy of Music will be presenting a series of Teacher-Training Workshops in various centres around Ireland in Autumn 2012.
Closing date for applications has been extended to Friday 7th September 2012.
The aims of these sessions are to:
- help teachers prepare for the 2012-2014 Piano Syllabus
- introduce teaching methods based on the pieces from the upcoming syllabus
- present a systematic approach to technical training and practical solutions to common pianistic problems
- provide tips on how to develop musicality and expressiveness in students
- give advice on the successful execution of scales and arpeggios
- advise on what examiners are looking for in for the Aural Tests and Sight Reading sections of the exams
tips on what to do on the day of the exam.
Our instructors will be on hand to answer any queries and help teachers improve their skills.
Workshops will be held from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm in the following venues:
Sunday 7th October 2012 Droichead Arts Centre, Stockwell Street, Drogheda, Co Louth
Sunday 7th October 2012 Mary Immaculate College, South Circular Road, Limerick
Sunday 14th October 2012 CIT Cork School of Music, Union Quay, Cork
Sunday 21st October 2012 Our Lady’s Bower, Retreat Road, Athlone, Co Westmeath
Fee is €125.00 and closing date for Key Skills Workshops is Friday 29 June 2012