The Local Centre Composition Competition is intended to encourage students interested in composition. The winner will receive a cash prize and have the winning entry published in the 2018 Piano Albums. The closing date is Friday 15 September 2017. This competition is open to everyone with the exception of students of the Academy.
The following particulars will apply:
- The standard of the piece composed can be for any grade up to and including Grade V
- The piece should be given a descriptive title
- Entrants for this competition are advised to consult current and recent Local Centre Piano Albums to become familiar with the level of difficulty for each grade
- The judges reserve the right not to declare a winner should there be no piece of a high enough standard entered for the competition
- Students may only submit a maximum of two entries in any competition
- Age limit: under 18 on 31 December 2016.
- Music should be printed or written clearly in black ink. On publication of the winning compositions, the Academy reserves the right to make small editorial/typeset changes on the score, solely for the purpose of clarity
- Prize: cheque to the value of €150 and inclusion of winning compositions in Piano Album (following year) and on Piano Album CD; performance of compositions by examination candidates countrywide
- Send entries on full A4 size manuscript with the title of the music clearly indicated to:
- Local Centre Composition Competition, Local Centre Office,
- The Royal Irish Academy of Music, 36/38 Westland Row, Dublin 2.
Please include your name, address, contact details, date of birth and any other relevant information. The closing date for submissions is Friday, 15 September 2017.
Submissions will not be accepted after 5.00 pm on that date.