A new vision for RIAM 175
The RIAM’s mission is to be the benchmark for excellence in classical music education in Ireland.
We believe that music vitally enriches society. Nurturing this passion for music is our driving ambition. We do this by offering inclusive and innovative learning and assessment experiences to both non-professional and professional musicians.
In 2023 the RIAM will be 175 years old. We are using this milestone year to roll out a new vision which is based on the traditions and values that have brought us success. At the same time we are refreshing our practices from the foundations up, so that we can provide relevant, standards-driven music education to future generations of musicians.
Key pillars of our vision include:
- Redeveloping our Westland Row campus to ensure that students and staff can work in the optimal learning environment
- Supporting the most gifted through scholarship programmes and landmark performance projects with international partners
- Widening access to music for young people with intellectual and physical challenges, and those in financial need
Read more about RIAM 175 here: RIAM Be Part Of Our Future
Ways to support us
To continue to deliver the greatest possible opportunities for learning and performance for our students and teachers, we need your support. Please join us as a Benefactor, Friend or as one of our RIAM Opera Angels and play your part in nurturing the young talent of today to become the international performing artists of tomorrow.
Here are just some of the ways in which you can offer us vital support:
- Create a scholarship for a child to have access to a musical education – a child who might otherwise not be able to study with us due to financial constraints
- Invest in our Young Scholars Programme for extremely gifted and motivated junior students
- Support our programme of international visiting artist masterclasses
Whatever choice you make, your support will have a transformational effect on the lives of our young and gifted students. To find out more about our Benefactors, please click here.
Further information on each of our fundraising campaigns can be found on the left hand side of this page. Donations can also be made securely online!
Please contact Audrey Phelan by e-mail or by calling +353 1 632 5386 at any stage with any query.
The Royal Irish Academy of Music is a registered charity CHY 1794