Young Scholar Programme
– an immersive programme to support highly motivated school-age students
For many years the RIAM has extended especially committed young students with additional challenging opportunities and extra support on an ad hoc basis. This tradition is one of our great strengths, and we now wish to build on it in a systematic way with our Young Scholar Programme. This is an ‘opt-in’ programme which appeals to those students whose passion is music and for those who may wish to pursue it at third level with a view to making it their profession. A number of RIAM Benefactors have chosen to put their investment in us towards this programme. If you would like to know more about how you could make a difference, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
- Candidates present themselves for a practical examination in December
- Thirty RIAM Young Scholars are identified in the following age categories: U/8 yrs., U/10 yrs., U/12 yrs., U/14 yrs., U/16 yrs. And U/18 yrs.
- Scholar, teacher, parent and the child’s particular Head of Faculty will then prepare a bespoke program of goals and support based on a range of menu options below.
Sample extra-curricular modules for RIAM Young Scholars include:
- Additional chamber music coaching
- Performance opportunities
- Participation in annual Gala Concert for the RIAM Young Scholars
- Free tickets to RIAM and other events
- Masterclass participation
- Platform/presentation coaching
- Mentoring sessions with music and other professionals
- ‘A Taste of the RIAM’ – shadowing graduate level programs
- International exchanges
- Funding for international competitions
A bespoke selection of the above list of additional support modules will be offered to each student.
The Royal Irish Academy of Music is a registered charity CHY 1794