Vacancy – Head of RIAM Connect
- Responsible to: Director
- Commencement date – January 2018
- Term: 5 years fixed term contract (one year probation)
- A Full-time role
- The working year to match RIAM administration working weeks
- No other job commitments outside the RIAM without prior approval of the Board of Governors
- Interviews to take place in December 2017
- One or two rounds of interviews shall take place at the panel’s discretion
The Head of RIAM Connect will be responsible for the implementation of the RIAM’s strategic commitment to the expansion of the RIAM’s outreach into the wider community as part of the RIAM Strategy 2020.
The new role is a challenging position that carries a high level of responsibility. Reporting to and working closely with the Director, the Head of RIAM Connect will be responsible for initiating some of the RIAM’s most high profile and innovative outreach projects.
Specifically, the Head of RIAM Connect will be responsible for the strategic direction and further development of the RIAM Local Centre Examinations System; will be the line manager for Senior Examiners, the RIAM Teaching and Learning Network, and RIAM Publications; and will lead in the successful implementation of aims and objectives of the outreach activities in the RIAM Strategic Plan 2020.
This is an extremely rewarding position as it provides a real opportunity to enrich the lives of people from diverse communities through music; and to work with the Director to help shape the RIAM Connect programme and communications from the very beginning. The Head of RIAM Connect will be a member of the RIAM Board of Studies, and will work closely with the RIAM teaching staff and Heads of Faculty in relation to all RIAM outreach activities.
The Head of RIAM Connect will initiate, maintain and develop high-level contacts with the profession and will develop and nurture links with RIAM key potential partner organisations to progress outreach initiatives (private music teachers, specialist music schools, Music Generation, The Department of Education and Skills, National Concert Hall, RTE, National Youth Orchestra of Ireland, etc).
The successful candidate will be expected to treat all colleagues, students and contacts with respect and in accordance with the values of the RIAM.
The RIAM offers an exciting, varied and deeply rewarding working environment. The Head of RIAM Connect will operate in the RIAM and in venues and locations outside of RIAM’s premises, which includes international travel.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an inspiring leader
- Be a trained musician
- Have demonstrable experience in arts education project management
- Have demonstrable experience in managing external communications
- Have a proven track record of managing teams
- Be highly organised, with a proven ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure and to run several projects at once
- Have demonstrable experience in developing revenue streams related to music/music education
- Have demonstrable experience in working with financial accounts and with information technology