- Applicants should be 15 years of age or over.
- Absolute beginners over the age of 32 will not be accepted.
- Applicants over the age of 23 who have not attained a standard of at least RIAM Grade 8 or its equivalent will not be considered. [In certain circumstances, applicants who have no formal qualifications but who have taken their studies to the equivalent standards as outlined above may, under such circumstances, apply and will have their application duly considered. However, where possible, some form of evidence of such attainment should be submitted with the application].
- Applicants should prepare at least two songs for audition, one of which must be from the classical repertoire. [The audition will generally take 7 – 12 minutes].
- Please note timings assigned are only guidelines and the audition panel reserves the right to deviate from these timings. Some auditions may be longer or shorter than the stated guidelines and may not require all 2 songs to be performed; this is due to the specific determinations as deemed necessary by the auditioning panel for each specific candidate.