Key Skills Online 2021
Professor Réamonn Keary and RIAM Chief Examiner Lorna Horan present the RIAM's annual workshop for piano teachers in an interactive online format over a day and a half.
Full Day - 10.00-16.00
Elementary to Grade V
Ray and Lorna will cover all repertoire from the new RIAM 2022 Piano Albums, with performances and discussion on all pieces, and tips on how to approach the technical and musical challenges in each.
Half Day - 10.00-13.45
Grade VI to Grade VIII
Ray and Lorna delve into the current Grade VI to VIII books and also explore some of the alternative pieces.
Participants will be able to send Ray and Lorna questions throughout each day, and receive answers during the live Q & A sessions each day.
They will also receive a copy of the Key Skills Handbook, containing annotated scores for all pieces from the new Piano Albums by Réamonn Keary, and teaching notes for each grade by Lorna Horan.
Topics covered will include
• Recognising and conveying the style and character of each piece
• Suggesting teaching and practise methods to overcome the potential challenges in each piece
• Adding the finishing touches that turn an Honours performance into a Distinction
• Approaching the big exam day itself
- Piano Teachers
- A computer or device with good internet access