RIAM Library electronic resources
To access these from home, select [Remote login] and use your RIAM email and password.
If you experience any access problems, please send an email to email@example.com or call 01-6325318
- ACLS Humanities Ebooks ebooks in the humanities, including music. [On-campus] [Remote login]
- CAIRSS for Music Music education, psychology, music therapy, music & medicine. No password required
- Doctoral Dissertations in Musicology Online (US-based) No password required
- ERIC Research in education (including music education). No password required
- Grove Music Online [On-campus] [Remote login] [Note: Grove Music remote login does not work with MS-Edge browser]
- IPA Source Texts, translations and IPA phonetics of songs and arias. (Internal RIAM use only)
- JSTOR Full-text of articles from a range of academic music journals. [On-campus] [Remote login]
- Naxos Music Library Online streaming audio of multi-label music recordings. Also available as an app. [RIAM Staff & Students: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for password]
- RIAM Research Repository on Tara Full text of RIAM MMus & DMusPerf theses, and articles by staff. Also includes compositions and performances by staff.
- RILM (Music Literature International) Abstracts International research database of music literature, with records in 140 languages.
- RISM Manuscript Sources: International Inventory of Musical Sources Database of music manuscript sources (pre-1800) held in libraries and archives around the world.
To access from home, use the Remote login links and enter your RIAM email and password. For Naxos Music Library, please contact library staff for the username and password.
If you have any difficulties in connecting, please contact us at email@example.com
Digital music collections online (no password needed)
- Chopin Early Editions Early printed editions of Frédéric Chopin held by the University of Chicago Library
- Early Music Online Some of the earliest printed music volumes from the British Library’s collections
- Handel Works Handel-Gesellschaft edition (published Breitkopf & Härtel, 1858-1894)
- IMSLP Large library of public-domain scores
- Liszt Works Franz Liszt: Musikalische Werke “Carl Alexander” edition (edited by Busoni, Raabe et al., 1907-1936)
- Mendelssohn Bartholdy’s Werke (Edited by J. Rietz, published Breitkopf & Härtel, 1874-7)
- Mozart Complete Works NMA Online: Neue Mozart-Ausgabe (published Bärenreiter, 1955-1991)
- Schumann Early editions (from the Bayerische Statsbibliothek, München)
- VARIATIONS project Public domain scores available to view (from Indiana University)
Other online resources (no password needed)
- Allmusic.com Discography (all genres)
- BASE Search engine for scholarly open-access resources
- Cecilia Guide to music collections in UK and Ireland
- Concert Programmes Project Index of concert programmes held in European libraries and archives
- Digital Resources in Musicology (from Stanford University)
- MusRef Searchable catalogue of music internet resources
- Violin and bow makers Extensive directory with biographical information (from Amati)