RIAM Library electronic resources
To access from outside the RIAM campus, use the Remote login links and enter your RIAM email and password. For Naxos Music Library, please contact library staff for the username and password.
If you have any difficulties in connecting, please contact us at email@example.com or call 01-6325318
To review & access any of these databases, select the relevant title below:
Ebooks in the humanities, including music.
[Remote login]: Same as on campus, then
- when viewing a book, click "Read book"
- under Institutional Access look up Royal Irish Academy of Music
- then enter your RIAM email & password
Online streaming audio of multi-label music recordings. Also available as an app.
[Remote login RIAM Staff & Students: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for password]
Full text of RIAM MMus & DMusPerf theses, and articles by staff. Also includes compositions and performances by staff. No password needed.
International research database of music literature, with records in 140 languages.
RISM International Inventory of Musical Sources is a database of early printed and music manuscript sources (pre-1800) held in libraries and archives around the world. No password needed.
Digital version of Strad magazine, with archive of issues from 2014 onwards. When accessing this, search for Royal Irish Academy of Music under institution, and then enter your RIAM email & password.
Access Strad Online
Digital music collections online (no password needed)
- Chopin Early Editions Early printed editions of Frédéric Chopin held by the University of Chicago Library
- Early Music Online Some of the earliest printed music volumes from the British Library’s collections
- Handel Works Handel-Gesellschaft edition (published Breitkopf & Härtel, 1858-1894)
- IMSLP Large library of public-domain scores
- Liszt Works Franz Liszt: Musikalische Werke “Carl Alexander” edition (edited by Busoni, Raabe et al., 1907-1936)
- Mendelssohn Bartholdy’s Werke (Edited by J. Rietz, published Breitkopf & Härtel, 1874-7)
- Mozart Complete Works NMA Online: Neue Mozart-Ausgabe (published Bärenreiter, 1955-1991)
- Schumann Early editions (from the Bayerische Statsbibliothek, München)
- VARIATIONS project Public domain scores available to view (from Indiana University)
Other online resources (no password needed)
- Allmusic.com Discography (all genres)
- BASE Search engine for scholarly open-access resources
- Cecilia Guide to music collections in UK and Ireland
- Concert Programmes Project Index of concert programmes held in European libraries and archives
- Digital Resources in Musicology (from Stanford University)
- MusRef Searchable catalogue of music internet resources
- Violin and bow makers Extensive directory with biographical information (from Amati)