Update - 5 July 2021
Opening hours: 5 - 16 July 2021
Monday-Friday: 10.00-13.00 & 14.00-17.00
Summer 2021 Closing
The Library will close at 17.00 on Friday 16 July and reopen at 10.00 on Monday 23 August
Update - 14 June 2021
- Opening hours: Monday-Friday, 10-1 and 2-6. Please note that the Library is not open on Saturdays during the period 14th June - 16th July.
- Junior RIAM access and borrowing: Please email your requests in advance and we will let you know when they are ready to collect. You can also use Click & Collect
- Renewing loans: We send reminders by email, so please ensure that we have your email address. You can renew loans online with your Library PIN, via email, or over the phone.
- Returns: Please return items which have been on loan for an extended period due to COVID-19 restrictions. There is a box for returns in the Reception area of 36 Westland Row. Please ensure all parts are present when returning an item. Returned items will be quarantined for a period of 72 hours before being returned to the shelves.
- Printing/Photocopying/Scanning: Please email your requests ahead of time and we will let you know when your prints/photocopies are ready for collection.
- Printing/Photocopying costs: There is a charge of 5 cents per page for this service. The charge will be added to your library account and accounts must be cleared when they reach €10. Payments can be made online via the RIAM payment portal.
- Study Spaces and Computers: These are not currently available to Junior students or guarantors. Access to the Library is limited and, for safety reasons, we cannot provide a waiting area for students or parents.
- Safety: Please sanitise your hands before entering the Library. Masks must be worn at all times and social distancing must be maintained.
- Access: No 40 Westland Row has a large wooden door. Press the buzzer and use the intercom for access.
Further queries? Contact us at email@example.com
COVID-19 Update - 15 March 2021
Please note our current service levels as outlined below:
- Use of masks etc. All visitors must wear masks with double-layer for the duration of the library visit.
- Access to study/computer spaces: We are providing access to a limited number of spaces which must be booked on Asimut.
- Borrowing: Request items for borrowing through Click-and-Collect . We will contact you to schedule a time to collect your requests.
- Browsing & visiting: Browsing of shelves and prolonged visits to the library, other than pre-booked time-slots on Asimut (see above) will not be possible. Please request materials in advance of your visit and arrange a time to collect.
- Business hours: 10 – 1, 2 – 6, Monday – Friday.
- Returns/Renewals: All library loans due will be renewed until the middle of April. If you do wish to return materials there is a box in reception at no. 36 Westland Row. Renewals can also be made online via https://library.riam.ie. Contact us if you don’t remember your User ID/PIN.
- Scan requests: Where practical and within copyright guidelines, the library can scan materials to you if required.
- Online resources: Please check our Online Resources, Online Journals and Library Moodle pages.
The RIAM Library offers music books, scores, orchestral and choral sets, and recordings in multiple formats. Online research databases and journals are also available.We also provide listening stations, computers and printers, as well as copying and scanning facilities.
Summer 2021: 5 - 16 July 2021
Monday-Friday, 10.00-13.00 & 14.00-17.00
|Monday - Wednesday||10.00 - 18.00|
|Thursday||10.00 - 20.00|
|Friday||10.00 - 18.00|
|Saturday||10.00 - 13.00 & 14.00 - 17.00|
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are not currently allowing access for external users or MusicPAL card holders.
All part-time and full-time RIAM students can borrow materials and access our electronic resources on campus and from home.
Outside users are welcome to visit and consult our collections. Please contact us in advance.
We are a member of the Music PAL Scheme. This enables members of other Irish libraries to consult our collections. It also enables RIAM students and staff to access other Irish University libraries.
If you have graduated from any of our third-level programmes, you can sign up for our Graduate Membership Scheme for a small fee using the form below.