Vacancies & Appointments
Role: Assistant Staff Officer within the Finance, Facilities and HR Team (permanent full time contract)
Place of work: 36-38 Westland Row, Dublin 2
Ireland’s Music Conservatoire since 1848, the RIAM offers pre-college, undergraduate and postgraduate musical training of the highest standards.
The Royal Irish Academy of Music is at an exciting phase with a major redevelopment of its facilities and a strategy focused on growth and development. The Academy is seeking an enthusastic and career focused junior finance professional to fill a new position reporting to the Chief Finance Officer and Personnel Officer:
- Providing support and backup for the Chief Financial Officer and the Personnel Officer.
- Providing support in the development of the monthly accounts; bank reconciliations; and supporting our purchase ledger and new procurement system.
- Receiving, processing book orders, arranging shipment of orders (by courier) and completing the invoicing of shops, sending statements, credit control.
- Updating retailers on any changes to publications. Updating our system with changes to prices, books etc.
- The supervision and oversight of the Academy’s musical instrument loan scheme.
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- A qualified accounts technician with at least one year’s previous experience of working in an accounts department.
- Knowledge of TAS Books/ Sage 50 is desirable but not essential.
- Must act in a professional manner and be able to work well as part of a team.
- Must be proactive and have ability to work on own initiative.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent MS Word and MS Excel skills essential.
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for receipt of applications is 4pm Friday 13th March 2020. Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 23rd March 2020.
Rate of Pay
Rate of pay will commence on point 1 of the current grade IV assistant staff officer scale which as of 01/09/2019 is as follows: (1) €30,741,(2) €32,850, (3) €34,645,(4) €36,218,(5) €37,735, (6) €39,787,(7) €41,270, (8) €42,777,(LSI 1) €44,163, (LSI 2) €45,555.