Vacancies & Appointments
FACILITIES AND MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Permanent Full time position
Salary scale: Grade VII (Senior Executive Officer)
The RIAM, as a national conservatoire for music in Ireland, is embarking on one of the most transformational phases in its 170-year history. We are in the midst of the major re- development of our premises on Westland Row, a fully funded project which is set to complete in 2022.
The new campus will comprise:
- 75 acoustically-designed Teaching Studios
- 300+ seat professional standard Recital Hall with a quality AV spec Opera Studio
- 60-seat Lecture Hall
- Music Therapy and Sonic Arts Hubs
- 4 Ensemble Rehearsal Rooms
- 1 Library/Research Hub
The current Conservatoire Campus is based over three Georgian Houses 36-38 Westland Row, as well as a library space in No 40 Westland Row, and temporary teaching accommodation on Cumberland Row and North Great George’s Street.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A qualification in Building Services / Engineering or a trade (carpenter/plumber/electrician)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (in facilities management/site management/project management/operations management)
- Qualification in facilities or health and safety management desirable
- Familiarity with SEAI reporting desirable (not essential).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent contract management and negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritise & work under pressure
- Strong people management skills
- Strong reporting skills
For further details regarding this exciting new role, please refer to the Job Specification below.
Closing Date and Interview Information
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd October 2021 at 4.00pm. Interviews will take place during Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th November 2021. A copy of your Curriculum Vitae with a Cover Letter should be emailed to email@example.com for the attention of Ruth Meehan, Personnel Officer. Queries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.