Vacancies & Appointments
RIAM Exams – Panel of Examiners
The Royal Irish Academy of Music seeks candidates to join the RIAM Exams panel of music examiners. Deadline for applications is Monday 23 September.
Exam sessions are held three times per year: generally, these sessions are Feb–Mar, April–June, and Nov–Dec. Examiners are expected to offer a minimum of 150 hours (divided over the three exam sessions) and to travel to different centres. Syllabi cover all family of instruments and exams take place throughout the island of Ireland. Examiners will work closely with senior examiners and the RIAM Exams admin staff.
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview 24 October 2019 in the Royal Irish Academy of Music 36–38 Westland Row. Training will take place in March 2020. Subject to successful training, candidates will be invited to join the panel of examiners on a probationary contract.
For more information and an application form, please use the downloadable form below:
Interim Associate Director, Student Administration Systems and Supports
Assistant Principal Officer level (0.5 contract) October 2019 to August 2021
The RIAM is seeking an energetic and experienced senior administrator for a newly created post of Interim Associate Director, Student Administration Systems and Supports. The post holder, reporting to the Director, will lead the transformation and systems re-appraisal of the 3rd and 4th level and Junior RIAM/Adult Division Offices and team.
The successful candidate will possess proven track record in the creation and implementation of effective management and administration systems, processes and procedures. Good people management experience that includes goal setting and evaluation, and a genuine interest in the arts would be an advantage.
A proven track record in senior management or administration, ideally in a similar environment, would be a requirement for the post.
The role has four distinct aspects to be covered:
- Carry out a complete review of the processes and procedures relating to the management and administration of Junior RIAM and Adult Division to ensure that a ‘fit for purpose’ operating and administration model to support an excellent student experience is in place as soon as possible particularly in view of the planned growth in this area;
- Carry out a review of the processes and procedures of the 3rd and 4th level administrative area, including compliance with QQI and TCD requirements, to ensure that it has in place the systems and processes to enable it deal with the planned growth and be appropriately aligned as a third level institution;
- Onboard and set comprehensive objectives and deliverables for the to be appointed Staff Officer in the Junior RIAM and develop/agree with the Staff Officer in charge of 3rd and 4th level students their objectives and deliverables;
- Propose, for consideration, the most appropriate structures for the Academy in these areas, including technology enablers and future staffing requirements to ensure that it is has a high performing team in place.
Applications including a cover letter and a Curriculum Vitae may be emailed to Ruth Meehan at email@example.com
Please download a copy of the role specification RIAM Interim Associate Director, Student Administration Systems and Supports July 2019.
Any specific queries relating to the post may be raised with: Deborah Kelleher, Director of the RIAM, Email: Deborah Kelleher
The closing date for applications is 30th August 2019 with interviews to take place in September 2019.
RIAM Junior RIAM and Adult Division Full time contract (Staff Officer, Grade 5)
The RIAM is seeking an energetic and experienced administrator for a newly created post of Staff Officer, Junior RIAM and Adult Division. The post holder, reporting to the Associate Director, Student Administration Systems and Support, will lead the Junior RIAM and Adult Division Office and team focused on delivering excellent in administrative oversight of all Junior RIAM activities.
The successful candidate will possess proven skills in the implementation of processes and procedures, good people management experience and a genuine interest in the arts would be an advantage.
A proven track record in a leadership/supervisory post, ideally in a similar environment, would be a requirement for the post.
The key elements of the role purpose include:
- To lead the Junior RIAM Office and team, with administrative oversight of all Junior RIAM activities.
- Oversee and deliver the Junior RIAM Office services, ensuring that they and their staff provide a student experience that meets the expectation of students and their parents and delivers in all areas of student registry and student support.
- Support the interim Associate Director in the review and realignment of operational and administrative services including the use of enabling technology and systems.
Applications including a cover letter and a Curriculum Vitae may be emailed to Kevin Kelleher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download a copy of the role specification RIAM Staff Officer Junior RIAM and Adult Division
Any specific queries relating to the post may be raised with: Kevin Kelleher (Secretary & Finance Officer) Email: email@example.com or to Deborah Kelleher (Director) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 30th August 2019 with interviews to take place on 10th September 2019.
The Royal Irish Academy of Music is an equal opportunities employer