Vacancies & Appointments
Location: 36-38 Westland Row, Dublin 2 and CBS, Westland Row, Dublin 2
Closing date for applications: 4pm, Friday 10th January 2020
Please note there are two roles being interviewed for with the successful candidates required to be flexible in the hours they work and to work across two educational locations on Westland Row, in Dublin 2. These roles are part time and on a contract basis of 18 months duration.
Hours of Work
Sunday – 9.30am – 5.00pm (RIAM) Saturday – 8.15am – 6.30pm (CBS)
Monday to Thursday – 3.30pm – 9.00pm (CBS) Friday 1.30pm – 9.00pm (CBS)
Under Sec 26(b) of the National Vetting Bureau (children and venerable persons) Acts 2012 to 2016, you will be required to be Garda Vetted for this role before commencement.
Reporting to the Senior Porter and thereafter, the RIAM Secretary/Finance Officer, the Principal duties of the post are in the areas of Reception, Security and Maintenance. Regular tasks will include the following:
- Receiving personal callers to the RIAM and/or CBS and directing/advising them as appropriate in a courteous manner
- Switchboard operating and message taking
- Hall and room preparation including stacking and moving furniture
- Security duties including access control, visitor screening and building lock up
- Monitor building safety with respect to dangerous fixtures and fitting, mechanical/electrical/plumbing faults etc
- Assistance with fire drill, first aid and Health and Safety compliance
- Maintain a clean, neat and clutter free environment in the school buildings
- Some lone working will be a feature of this role
Such other duties as may from time to time be assigned.
Experience and Attributes
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Experience of best practice manual handling, a valid manual handling certificate is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience working in the education sector or in a customer facing role
- Ability to maintain a high standard of good housekeeping
- Good customer service skills
- Previous experience in areas of first aid and fire safety are desirable but not essential
- Full flexibility with regards to ad hoc duties, working across two sites and hours of work
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Friday 10th January 2020. Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 13th January 2020. Desired start date would be as soon as possible.
Rate of Pay
Rate of pay is based on point 1 of the IOT (Institute of Techology) General Operative Payscale, which is €14.34 per hour. There is no overtime or allowances for Sunday working for this role.