Entry Requirements (Postgraduate)
You should have attained a 2:1 or higher in your undergraduate degree, which need not be in music performance.
If you do not have an undergraduate degree, you are eligible to apply at postgraduate level. In this case you can be assessed though the recognition of prior learning process. For more information on this, please check the RIAM Recognition of Prior Learning Policy.
We teach all classes through English. If your first language is not English and you have not been educated through the medium of English, you must have one of the following English language qualifications:
- TOEFL: Internet-based 55 (with a written score of 19).
- IELTS 5.5 for Diploma, Bachelor and Master students.
- TOEFL: Internet based 90 (with a written score of 21).
- Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better
- IELTS 6.5 for (no individual band below 6)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE Academic: a minimum of 63 (with no section score below 59)
- Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 110/160
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE Academic: a minimum of 51
- Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 90/160
Successful postgraduate candidates will normally give a performance at audition that tackles challenging repertoire, is technically assured, and demonstrates some individuality of musical ideas.