International & Erasmus Students
The RIAM has a warm and friendly atmosphere and a long history of welcoming international students. About 15% of our students come from outside Ireland. This diversity gives us energy and connects us to the world.
Ireland is a peaceful country that consistently ranks highly in international studies for safety, quality of life and a positive attitude to life and the arts.
RIAM is located in the historic centre of Dublin, one of the liveliest and most vibrant capital cities in Europe.
To help you settle in, we have:
- A complimentary pick up service from Dublin Airport for all new students from outside the EU
- Organised social activities during the first week of term
- Orientation meetings with administrative staff, where we help you on practical matters such as getting a bank account, student travel pass and much more
- Access to confidential mentoring and counselling service if you would welcome extra support when settling in
We welcome students on the Erasmus + programme. You can apply through the EASY application system on this link: https://aec.dreamapply.com/.
RIAM has Erasmus bi-lateral agreements with the conservatoires on this link: RIAM Erasmus Partner Institutions.
If you have a query about Erasmus at RIAM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We teach all classes through English.
If your first language is not English and you have not been educated through the medium of English, you must have one of the following qualifications in the English language:
- TOEFL: Internet based 90 (with a written score of 21).
- Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better
- IELTS 6.5 (no individual band below 6)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE Academic: a minimum of 63 (with no section score below 59)
Visa advice (Department of Foreign Affairs Website)
Information for students who require a visa (Department of Foreign Affairs INIS Website)
Information for all visa and non-visa international students (Department of Foreign Affairs INIS Website)