Our five strategic themes are:
- An Exemplary Teaching and Learning Approach Teachers, students, alumni and parents will talk to each other about their RIAM experiences. Following this, and further informed by international best practice, the Academy will set out its unique teaching and learning values in a Manifesto known as ‘The RIAM Way’.
- Quality and Innovation in Professional Music Education & Training The Academy’s innovative third level programmes, developed in partnership with Trinity College Dublin, will gain international recognition as being primary contributors to radical improvement in professional music training in Ireland.
- The RIAM Music Education Network.The RIAM’s Local Centre Examination System will expand from an examination board to the RIAM Music Education Network, a music education system where progress is measured through examination and other activities with a national and global reach.
- Performing on the Irish and World Stage The Academy’s diverse public programme of music events, developed in collaboration with Ireland’s preeminent institutions, involving identified key strategic international partners and with the Academy’s graduate population, will position the RIAM as a standard-bearer in classical music for Irish culture and identity.
- Resourcing the Academy The re-development of the RIAM Westland Row site with accessible and appropriately-resourced, multi-functioning facilities for performance, teaching, practice, rehearsal, library, research, administration and recording requirements will develop and consolidate the Academy’s reputation as “Ireland’s World-class music conservatoire”.
The RIAM Strategic Plan 2015 - 2020 is available to download below.