Welcome to 3rd & 4th Level APPLY
To successfully complete your application, we advise you to prepare the required & recommended documentation in advance of starting your application. If you do not have some of these documents, or have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com.
Applications for the academic year 2023/2024 are now open.
Round 1 applications for January auditions are now closed.
Round 2 applications remain open for March 2023 auditions. March auditions will be held if all places are not filled from Round 1 auditions.
Applications cost €100.
Visit RIAM APPLY to start your application
Round 1 Application Deadline - Wednesday, 21 December, 2022
Round 2 Applications remain open.
HELP & ADVICE
For a step-by-step guide to RIAM's online application system, please refer to these handy guides detailing each step of the application.
Not sure if you have the required musical or academic grades, English language ,competancy, or expereince to apply to the RIAM? Please refer to our comprehensive entry requirment guides to help you decide. If you are still unsure or have any questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting Documents Checklist:
- Undergraduate applicant's School Leaving Examination Certificate or High School Transcripts. Include forecast results if final results are not available (PDF format). Please note if documents are not in English, the documents should be translated and notarized.
- Postgraduate applicant's degrees Transcripts and degree award. Include forecast results if final results are not available (PDF format). Please note if documents are not in English, the documents should be translated and notarized.
- NON-EU applicants, passport details under a passport number and expiry date
- IELTS, TOEFL or Duo lingo score for applicants whose first language is not English (PDF format)
- SAT or ACT results (If available, US undergraduate applicants only) (PDF format)
- A Recommendation and Academic Reference ( two letters)
- The recommendation letter can be from someone who can attest to your musicality, accomplishments and potential.
- The academic reference can be from a secondary school/high school teacher or lecturer/professor ( including a principal study teacher)
- Repertoire list detailing what pieces you have studied and performed to give the audition committee a sense of your musical background and depth. Your repertoire list may be longer or shorter, depending on years of study.
- Postgraduate applicant's CV providing an overview of career to date ( 1- 2 pages PDF format)
- For Postgraduate applicants, a 500-word maximum word statement detailing why you wish to study at RIAM
- Students applying for the Doctor in Music Performance (DMus) should also provide examples of written work, including essays or articles.
- For Doctorate applicants, we require a minimum of a one-page proposal from all doctorate applicants on your chosen dissertation topic. Please include information on existing secondary sources in your area of research.
- Application Fee: Euro 100 (Payable online by Credit or Debit Card)
What formats can I upload?
You can upload a wide range of materials, including images, text and documents (a file cannot exceed 15MB).
The file types that can be accepted are listed below:
- RIAM recommends to upload files as Adobe Reader files – (.pdf)
- Image files – (.jpg/.gif/.tiff/.png)
- Text files – (.rtf/.doc/.docx/.txt)
Auditions & Interviews
Candidates based on the Island of Ireland will be required to audition in person at the RIAM Campus in Dublin. International applicants can submit via online video submission.
For more information and advice on this process, please view the documents below:
Audition Information & Dates